Follow me on twitter

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Interview with Kettleworx Creator & Celebrity Personal Trainer: Ryan Shanahan

I have become an avid fan of a workout that my Mother introduced me to about a year ago, Kettleworx. 



What is Kettleworx? 
"KettleWorx Ultra starts with the "Six-Week Body Transformation," an easy, 6-week, step-by-step personal kettle bell training program of 6 DVDs: Intro, Cardio, Core, Resistance, Fast Abs, and Fast Fat Burn." - From the kettleworx website.

    The most amazing thing about kettleworx is the convenience. All DVD's are only 20 minutes and should be repeated three times throughout the week. Not only was it convenient, but thorough. Within days I felt a difference: I felt stronger, leaner and all around better about myself. 

    After using Kettleworx for a long time I can honestly say that I found a workout regimen that fits into my busy schedule and has become a part of my everyday routine. Since I love the workout so much I wanted to reach out to its creator: Ryan Shanahan for an interview. Ryan is a personal trainer to celebrities, athletic trainers and more. 

10 Questions with Ryan Shanahan: Creator of Kettleworx, the #1 selling kettle bell DVD program

Me: Was there any particular reason that you became a personal trainer?
Ryan:  I knew from very young that I was born to burn body fat.

Me: What is your personal motto that you live by?
Ryan: Every morning before arising from bed I say out loud “Stronger Today” and my day immediately starts in a new direction.

Me: Who is someone that inspires you?
Ryan: People like you that display the 3P’s: Passionate, Positive and Proactive.

Me: What is your typical workout routine like?
Ryan: During the summer months, I like to get outside and do a 30-40 minute bike ride or put on my Kangoo Jumps. I have also rediscovered the importance of practicing yoga. During the fall and winter months my routine consists of 90% kettle bell workouts and 10% experimenting with the new training methods. Jessica, wait until you try the workout I have created next, it’s the best AB workout ever!

Me: What is your favorite food and guilty pleasure food?
Ryan: I love to cook! For most dinners I’m preparing new recipes I see in fitness magazines. Some work, some don’t. As for guilty pleasures, I prefer to treat myself on Wednesdays and Saturdays to gelato or a slice of pizza. It’s very important to not feel guilty about eating these types of foods because guilt for eating 1 cookie usually causes more guilt and the next thing you know you’re eating a dozen cookies. To avoid this from happening my recommendation is drop the guilty and enjoy your pleasure foods once or twice a week.

Me: When and why did you create kettleworx?
Ryan: I’ve personally been using kettle bells since 1999. Believe me kettle bells back then were not considered as cool as they are now. I got a lot of strange looks just carrying a “kb” while walking on the sidewalk. It took me 10 years to educate one by one: athletes, trainers and clients on the benefit of kettle bell training. Kettleworx was actually my third kettle bell DVD that I released. Now after 3 years, kettleworx has reached the #1 selling kettle bell DVD program and that’s up against competition such as: Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper. The reason people love kettleworx is because it works!

Me: What is it you want to teach people through kettleworx?
Ryan: From the thousands of testimonials that “KW” users have sent me I can say Kettleworx has definitely fit fitness back into people’s busy schedules and has empowered people to open their closets and be in shape enough to wear whatever they want to wear without any sucking or squeezing.

Me: What is the hardest part about your job?
Ryan: Jessica, I get to meet aspiring fitness professionals, like yourself, I get to hang out with movie stars, I get to be on TV and I get people thanking me on the street for changing their lives, I absolutely love my career.

Me: What changes have you made in your life since becoming a personal trainer?
Ryan: I've been a fitness trainer since I was 15 that’s getting close to 25 years of experience. So I would say that the most important aspect of being a fitness trainer would be leading by good example.

Me: What advice would give someone who is looking to make healthy changes in their life?
Ryan: Set off some “TNT”: start today not tomorrow. Instead of waiting to start exercising on Monday start today by taking the stairs instead of the elevator or get off the bus a stop early and walk home 5 minutes of exercise is better than 0 minutes of exercise.

You can find fitness tips and free workout videos at the Ryan Shanahan Workout group on Facebook. Click here: 

Special thanks to Ryan Shanahan for doing the interview and to find out more about kettleworx, Ryan or purchase the workout visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment